- Taxonomy Camponotus ligniperdus
- Country of Origin Central Europe
- Easy, Skilled, Specialist Easy
- Colony size 10'000+ once established
- Expected life expectancy 14+ years
- Habitat dry and moist areas required in formicarium
- Queen size 14-16mm
- Worker size 6-14mm
- Behaviour Nocturnal and diurnal
- Food honey water and insects
- Humidity 50-80%
- Hibernation Late October to early march
- Youtube Link https://youtu.be/RioDrODDRcM
- Other information
Camponotus ligniperda is one of the biggest european ant species.
Prefers dry and sunny slopes and can be found in rotten wood and stony ground. Can be found in low-level as well as in mountains.
Has minor and major workers also diurnal and nocturnal
Queen supplied with one to five workers
Cheapest European supplier!!